Ingredients (serves 5/6)
- 3 leeks
- 10 chard stems
- 1 large garlic clove
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 leaves of frozen filo pastry (cut in half to make 8 squares)
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 180g Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
Prep 25 mins / Cook 25 mins
Preheat oven to 180C
- Chop the leeks into slices.
- Separate the chard stems from the leaf and chop the stems. Set the leaves aside.
- Gentry fry the garlic, leek and chard stems in the olive until softened (about 10 minutes).
- Add the chopped chard leaves and cook very slowly (about 10 minutes)
- Meanwhile, lay the sheets of filo pastry in a shallow ovenproof dish, with lots of overlap.
- Spread the cooked vegetables onto the pastry. Beat the eggs and pour over the vegetable mixture, then top with nutmeg and Feta cheese.
- Carefully fold the filo pastry over the mixture and then sprinkle with sesame seeds and drizzle with olive oil.
- Put in the hot oven and cook for 25 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Delicious.